Monday, March 29, 2010

The facination with monkeys

Now how did my fascination for this particular monkey start, you might ask. Some call me eccentric, some a little mad, some just stare open mouthed and start scratching their head in disbelief when I show them my 'collection'.

It all started during my birthday in 2004 when hubby dearest got me the first one. What prompted him to get me a monkey was (in no particular order, I hope!) :
1) I was born in the year of the monkey.
2) I reminded him of one! (for the wrong reasons, hahaha!!!)
3) He thought it looked really mischievous, like me!!!

From one, the clan grew to eight. It was easy to name them, I called them after the sequence they arrived (ie. one, two, three). Yeah yeah, boring... but heck, it was easy to remember. After a while, or rather, after the numbers passed 20, it started getting difficult to identify them. You see, they only came in 2 positions, lying down flat on their stomach or sitting upright. In each variation, they came in different sizes. After getting one each, it wasn't enough and thus, the clan just grew and grew and grew. Try counting my main picture and see if you can guess how many I have now :) I must take an updated picture of the whole clan and post it up.

Oh, and you might ask, what the heck is laukaukia? In direct Hokkien translation, laukau = monkey, kia = kid aka little monkey ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ya, should post the latest since they have redecorated their bedroom !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure love monkeys as much as I love my bears..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, on yeah! Plus they get to travel with me too!

    ReplyDelete